Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Parker--the accident prone

Chad called me on Saturday while I was working and said we have a problem.  I asked him what was wrong.  He told me that Parker is limping.  I asked what he did and all he will tell us is, "Carson stepped on me."  I talked to Dr. Bryce yesterday while at work in the ER and he told me to just take him to his office today and he would take an x-ray.  So I loaded up the kids and went to see Carol Sue McNamara P.A. cuz Dr. Bryce was in surgery.  She poked on his foot and right above his 2nd toe Parker pushed her hand away.  So they took the x-rays and Sue ran them over to Dr. Bryce in the O.R. at the time to see what he thought.  She shows back up and asks, "what color  blue, green, red, yellow."  I looked at her and said you are joking.  Nope she wasn't.

I guess right above the toes is a growth plate and they are worried about that being injured.  So we get to sport a nice blue cast for the next 2 weeks.  I just have to keep him off of it for 2 days till the cast completely dries. That will be fun.  He is going to work real hard and show Gunner how to crawl.  I put him down in the play room next to the Thomas track and I was in the living room talking to my mom on the phone.  Next thing I know is Parker is crawling around the recliner on his hands and knees.  This ought to be fun.  




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need peds extremties why didn't you bring him to me so I could take his x-rays.

Jason and Amanda said...

Poor kid! Good job on the x-ray though...most ER moms probably would've held out till they just couldn't take the tears any longer! Hope he gets better soon!

*Shaffen and Misty* said...

NICE!! It is a good thing you took him in! :)

Marci said...

How cute...hope he has it when I see him!