Monday, August 10, 2009

I Survived the First Day of Kindergarten


He made it. Mrs. Pfieffer said he had a great 1st day. He was still very happy about being at school and all the fun things they got to do. I asked what he did today and his reply was, "we had a writing center, a reading center and a play center. We got to go to recess 3 times. I made some girl friends and some boy friends. It was so fun Mom!!"
I then asked about lunch and he said, "But Mom, a mean boy stole my lunch box and ate my peanut butter and jelly sandwich." I will admit I got tears in my eyes. I was so sad for him. I asked him if he drank his Capri Sun and he again replied the mean boy drank it. I asked him if he ate anything and he said that the cafeteria has a kitchen and a lady made me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I asked what he drank with his sandwich and he said that the kitchen had some orange juice for him. I was mad.
I can't believe he could have so much fun but then have it ruined by a mean boy stealing his lunch. I am glad he got something to eat, but still. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better lunch time. I spoke with his teacher and Mrs. Dee is the one to take them to lunch not Mrs. Pfieffer and she didn't say anything to Mrs. Pfieffer about it. But she also informed me that it was such a crazy hectic lunchtime. Mrs. Pfieffer said she felt horrible and will ask Mrs. Dee what happened and make sure he gets his own lunch box tomorrow. Man is it hard being a mother of a kindergartner.
Tonight he told Chad and I he did not want to go to school anymore because after lunch you have to rest with your head on the desk and he did not like this. He is too cute.

3 comments:

Cassi said...

THat is so cute. And makes me so sad and mad. Poor boy. I feel so sorry for him. He looks cute.

*Shaffen and Misty* said...

That is so sad. I think it's a huge fear that kids will be mean to them when they go! Hopefully it doesn't happen again!

aLdeR fAmiLy said...

Poor Carson, I almost starting tearing up while reading this! I am way too hormonal still!! Hope he has a better day.