Monday, November 3, 2008

Duck ponds and Halloween

Here are some pictures of the boys.  The day before Halloween we drove by Mike Grauer's house and saw his duck pond (he has quite a few ducks there).  Carson asked, "mom, what do ducks eat?"  I said bread.  He then asked, "what else?"  I replied I have no idea.  Then the little smart boy said, "well then we will have to go to the library, check out a book on ducks and see what ducks like to eat so we can feed them.  I told him Dad might have to look on the internet and we might be able to arrange to go feed the ducks.  Chad had halloween day off so I text him and told him we were going to the duck ponds out at the fairgrounds. It was actually lots of fun.  Next time we will have to take the boys bikes.  I forgot about all the cement out there they could ride on.

  

We also went trick or treating for the 1st time.  The kids, especially Carson has never been interested.  But this year, he was so excited to go.  They had a party at school on Thursday and he got to wear his costume.  Since Carson had his on Peyton & Parker demanded they get to were their's also.  So we practiced on Thursday for the big day of Halloween. They were so excited to get all the candy in their buckets.  They all went as Nascar drivers.  Carson was his dad's favorite Tony Stewart, Peyton was Dale Earnhardt Jr. (the amp energy sponsorship fit him to a T), Parker was the blue Jeff Gordon (as opposed to his green and yellow car he sometimes drives) and Gunner was Kyle Busch (the m&m boy).  It was fun to see their excitement that night.  I think I like my childhood tradition of going out to eat for Halloween instead but it was fun. 




4 comments:

abbi cluff said...

Cute costumes Hide!! Mom told me they were race car drivers, they look awesome. You should have dressed Gunner as a monster cause that is what he is. What a cute little fam you have!! Love you!

Jason and Amanda said...

Love the costumes--so cute! Your boys are just to gorgeous!

*Shaffen and Misty* said...

Their costumes are very cute! Never though about doing Nascar, great idea!

Aaron and Lehua said...

hey there's a blog for our reunion. www.phs1998.blogspot.com If you want to post pictures let me know. I know the password. Your boys are so handsome.Cute costumes.